Skip navigation

Become a member


Why join?

The Mudchute Association is a membership organisation and membership is open to all. Members are invited to join in volunteer programmes to assist in the running and development of Mudchute. As a member, you may even get elected to our Board of Trustees. If you love Mudchute, please join us by becoming a member today. Whatever your interests are here at Mudchute, we are delighted to have you with us!

How your membership helps

The Mudchute Association could not exist without its supporters and members. Your help enables us to:

  • preserve 32 acres of open space in the heart of East London.
  • continue to provide recreational and educational opportunities.
  • provide year round ‘free' open access.
  • protect, restore and manage habitats for birds and other wildlife so that they can flourish and people can get closer to nature.
  • help people enjoy the natural world and learn more about it.

Types of membership

There are three types of membership which are automatically determined by a member's residence.

Island Member - Resident of the Isle of Dogs with voting rights.
Tower Hamlets Member - Resident of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets (not Isle of Dogs) with voting rights.
Associate Member - Resident outside Tower Hamlets (non voting rights).

Gift Membership

Membership to the Mudchute Association makes a wonderful gift for your loved ones. If you are purchasing membership as a gift, please provide the gift recipient's details when completing the delivery address and details and your own details in the billing section. You may also consider sponsoring an animal.


Basic membership of the Mudchute Association is £10 per year, or £5 for senior citizens. As a charity we are dependent on your support and greatly appreciate your donations.

Can you give regularly?

From £2 a month you can make a difference to Mudchute Association. We welcome regular donations and are grateful for any greater contributions.

The costs cover postage and membership administration with a small surplus going towards the charitable activities of the farm.

Become a member now

Receive information about events/services:
Give a greater amount: GiftAid*:
Receive information about events/services:

Or by post: Download application form (PDF)

* I want to Gift Aid my current donation and any donations I make in the future or have made in the past 4 years to The Mudchute Association.
I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference. Please notify the charity if you:

  • want to cancel this declaration
  • change your name or home address
  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.